Coaster Set - 4pc
This beautiful coaster set includes 4 handmade pottery coasters wrapped up in ribbon. Each coaster is 4" square and has a rubber pad on the bottom so it will not scratch any surface you care to set it on. Each stoneware coaster is handmade so color and size may vary slightly.
- What is Stoneware? It is a type of clay that when fired to a very high temperature, 2400 F, the clay vitrifies (melts) and forms a very hard and durable material. Pottery made out of stoneware clay is dishwasher, microwave and oven safe and will last for many years.
- Do you use any lead in your pottery? NO! Lead is NEVER USED in our clay or glazes.
- What kind of clay do you use. We use our own clay body recipe that has been developed and refined over the last 40 years. It is a mix of 4 different clays and other earthen materials. The resulting clay works well on the potters wheel and high fires into a very durable material called stoneware
- What is a glaze? A glaze is a mixture of earthen materials that when combined with water can be applied to a piece of pottery by dipping or brushing. When fired to a specific temperature the glaze will melt into a glass on the surface of the pot. Each glaze we use is our own special recipe and formulated for a specific color and texture.
- How do you form your pottery? We use a potters wheel, slab roller, extruder, and our hands
- Can you use your stoneware pottery in the microwave, dishwasher, and oven? Yes, Yes, and Yes!