Shipping calculated at checkout.
This item is currently out of stock and will ship in 3-4 weeks
Garlic keepers are a great way to store garlic and look good while doing it! Garlic keeps best in a dimly lit ventilated container. If stored in an airtight container it will rot faster and if kept in the fridge it will lose its flavor. We keep ours on the counter out of direct sunlight and it will keep for months before it starts to sprout. These garlic keepers will fit 1-2 heads of garlic depending on the size.
- What is Stoneware? It is a type of clay that when fired to a very high temperature, 2400 F, the clay vitrifies (melts) and forms a very hard and durable material. Pottery made out of stoneware clay is dishwasher, microwave and oven safe and will last for many years.
- Do you use any lead in your pottery? NO! Lead is NEVER USED in our clay or glazes.
- What kind of clay do you use. We use our own clay body recipe that has been developed and refined over the last 40 years. It is a mix of 4 different clays and other earthen materials. The resulting clay works well on the potters wheel and high fires into a very durable material called stoneware
- What is a glaze? A glaze is a mixture of earthen materials that when combined with water can be applied to a piece of pottery by dipping or brushing. When fired to a specific temperature the glaze will melt into a glass on the surface of the pot. Each glaze we use is our own special recipe and formulated for a specific color and texture.
- How do you form your pottery? We use a potters wheel, slab roller, extruder, and our hands
- Can you use your stoneware pottery in the microwave, dishwasher, and oven? Yes, Yes, and Yes!