These "pump pots" are beautiful, and versatile. Set one next to the kitchen sink filled with dish soap for a quick hand wash, or on the bathroom counter filled with soap or lotion.
They are about 6.5” tall and 3.5” across the base.
Each item is hand made so color and size may vary slightly.
- What is Stoneware? It is a type of clay that when fired to a very high temperature, 2400 F, the clay vitrifies (melts) and forms a very hard and durable material. Pottery made out of stoneware clay is dishwasher, microwave and oven safe and will last for many years.
- Do you use any lead in your pottery? NO! Lead is NEVER USED in our clay or glazes.
- What kind of clay do you use. We use our own clay body recipe that has been developed and refined over the last 40 years. It is a mix of 4 different clays and other earthen materials. The resulting clay works well on the potters wheel and high fires into a very durable material called stoneware
- What is a glaze? A glaze is a mixture of earthen materials that when combined with water can be applied to a piece of pottery by dipping or brushing. When fired to a specific temperature the glaze will melt into a glass on the surface of the pot. Each glaze we use is our own special recipe and formulated for a specific color and texture.
- How do you form your pottery? We use a potters wheel, slab roller, extruder, and our hands
- Can you use your stoneware pottery in the microwave, dishwasher, and oven? Yes, Yes, and Yes!