Sushi Set - 5 piece
Shipping calculated at checkout.
This item is currently out of stock and will ship in 3-4 weeks
This handmade pottery sushi set is perfect for serving your favorite sushi.
The large pottery sushi tray is about 12" x 7"
The small pottery sushi trays are 7.5" x 3.5"
The soy bowls are 3.5" in diameter
his sushi set includes one large tray, two small trays and two soy bowls. All of our stoneware pottery is lead free, oven-proof, microwave and dishwasher safe. Each item is handmade so color and size may vary slightly.
- What is Stoneware? It is a type of clay that when fired to a very high temperature, 2400 F, the clay vitrifies (melts) and forms a very hard and durable material. Pottery made out of stoneware clay is dishwasher, microwave and oven safe and will last for many years.
- Do you use any lead in your pottery? NO! Lead is NEVER USED in our clay or glazes.
- What kind of clay do you use. We use our own clay body recipe that has been developed and refined over the last 40 years. It is a mix of 4 different clays and other earthen materials. The resulting clay works well on the potters wheel and high fires into a very durable material called stoneware
- What is a glaze? A glaze is a mixture of earthen materials that when combined with water can be applied to a piece of pottery by dipping or brushing. When fired to a specific temperature the glaze will melt into a glass on the surface of the pot. Each glaze we use is our own special recipe and formulated for a specific color and texture.
- How do you form your pottery? We use a potters wheel, slab roller, extruder, and our hands
- Can you use your stoneware pottery in the microwave, dishwasher, and oven? Yes, Yes, and Yes!